The Commission's Purpose
The main purpose of the Southwark Diocesan Spirituality Commission is two-fold:
- To further the policy of the Archbishop in matters relating to spirituality, and
- To present a view of activity around the diocese, for the information of the Archbishop.
This is done by:
- Identifying existing resources throughout the diocese and making them more widely known and accessible.
- Sharing good practice in the area of spiritual formation and accompaniment.
- Supporting those who are promoting spiritual development at local and diocesan level
- Building up a network of spirituality contacts at deanery level.
The Commission's Membership
President: Bishop Paul Hendricks
Chair: Trudy Kilcullen
Other Members: Chris Chapman, Sr Anouska Robinson-Biggin fcJ, Margaret Palladino, Louise Carter, John Toryusen, Mark Nash, Father Douglas Bull and Teresa Keogh.
The Commission is also served by a variety of consultants and Working Parties and has established Ecumenical Links with the Spirituality advisors of the Anglican Dioceses of Southwark, Rochester and Canterbury and with the Catholic Diocese of Hexham and Newcastle, in view of further dialogue and the sharing of Resources.